Sunday, April 21, 2013

Halo Warthog mod for Baby Car


So my wife picked up a red Step2 Push Around Buggy from Craigslist for our son. He seemed to like it, but I figured we could better. And what could be better than for him to be able to cruise around the neighborhood in his own Warthog? I did some Googling to see what other were doing, and got some ideas from flux83 and his powerwheels mod.


The hood is made form posterboard that I covered in a few layers of resin to provide some rigidity. The windshield is clear PETG thermoplastic that was leftover from another project. The tow line and "tusks" were made from some foam (also leftover), a tennis ball can, and some spare ethernet cable.


It was a bit of rush job, but I am okay with it - and I think that my 11 month old will probably not judge me too harshly on this one.

He seems happy with it so far anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment